Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday, November 27, 2009

We were told yesterday by one of Dad's doctors that it is time to say our good-bye's to Dad. His incision is infected and the infection has gone into his bones. They can give him antibiotics, but they have told us that it won't do much. At this point, there is no hope that he will ever get out of the hospital. It has been recommended that we discontinue the dialysis and let him go. I agree....Dad needs to be released from his suffering here on this earth. It is okay for him to spend Christmas with Randy and our Father in Heaven. I know he will be in a much better place. He will definitely be missed, but will always be loved and always be with us in our hearts. I know that my brother is waiting for him with open arms.

Mom is actually doing amazingly well. We have seen this coming for weeks now. I know it's hard on her, but I know she realizes how ill Dad is and that it's time for us to let him know it's okay to go, we will be fine. We have a strong family circle and will definitely take care of Mom.

Even with the news yesterday morning, we had a very good family Thanksgiving. I am so thankful that Shelley's mom and aunt had dinner with us so that Kerry, Shelley and Emma could be with us yesterday. It really meant a lot to Mom and me to have everyone there....although Mom did fight it at first. We just made it so she didn't do any of the cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment